We come to you
Experts in home based Dietetics
At Gen Physio, we strive to provide tailored, evidence-based, nutrition advice within your own home. Our in-home dietetics service takes away the added stress of travel by offering face to face and telehealth consultations.
In today’s health industry, a dietitian is a recognised expert in food and nutrition. Our dietitians have a wide range of experience within the health care industry and advise on a variety of issues which may require dietary intervention. Our experienced dietitian’s aim to provide our clients with the highest quality of nutrition services possible. We are driven to help our clients achieve optimal health and well-being through nutrition education, counselling and encouragement of making small and manageable adjustments in their lifestyles.
National Disability Insurance Scheme
We are proudly registered as providers under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and offer focused support to our clients who may have cognitive, physical, sensory, neurological and intellectual limitations. Each of our individual consultations includes expert nutrition advice, practical solutions tailored to specific requirements and ongoing education, monitoring and support.
There is no need to travel to a clinic, as our health professionals come to you. For our service area please refer to our Locations tab and use our postcode locator.
How we can help
At Gen Physio, you can expect a professional, empathetic, one-on-one consultation in your home or by telehealth. We take the time to get to know you and your individual circumstances which then allow us to understand your needs and begin creating your personalised nutrition solution. Our Dietitians can provide a range of services and support for the following conditions including:
- Chronic medical conditions (e.g., diabetes, pre-diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, liver disease and kidney disease, hypercholesterolaemia)
- Weight management and general healthy eating
- Developing healthier habits and relationships with food
- Nutrition for the elderly including prescribing oral nutrition supplements if required
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Fussy eating (utilising the SOS approach for fussy eating)
- Nutrition support for texture-modified diet and thickened fluids
- Gastrointestinal conditions (e.g., IBS, IBD, diverticulitis, low FODMAPS)
- Tube feeding (including prescribing tube feeding regimes and education to family and carers)
- Support with assessment and recommendation for subsidised meal delivery services for clients on Home Care Packages and the NDIS
- Menu planning and meal guides for clients in supported living environments
- Wound healing
We accept a range of different funding types. Discover our fees and charges.
What do I need to bring/have ready for my first session?
If you have any scan results or summaries relating to your injury/condition or a referral from a specialist that would be helpful otherwise you will not need anything else for the appointment.
Who can be referred for an assessment for Dietetics?
Anyone who is looking to improve their health and overall wellbeing through nutrition modification. Individuals can self-refer as a private client; be referred by a doctor through a Department of Veteran Affairs Plan; be self-referred or referred by a coordinator through NDIS, HCP or STRC funding.
Still got questions?
Send us a message and our friendly client support team will happily assist you.