Muscle strains happen to people all the time and can affect any joint in the body. You don’t have to be a bodybuilder to fracture a bicep or an athlete to pull a muscle. Joints facilitate movement between bones, and hence they are susceptible to injuries. So if you suffer muscle pain resulting from strain injuries, you may need to seek physiotherapy treatment.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is an essential healthcare treatment that helps people restore and maximise their mobility, function, and general wellbeing.
At Gen Physio, our Physiotherapists have extensive knowledge of how the human body functions. We also possess clinical skills to evaluate, diagnose, prescribe, and treat symptoms of diseases and different types of injuries. In addition, our physiotherapists can assist you with:
- Professional advice and reassurance
- Reducing swelling
- Creating a management plan
- Optimising healing
- Building confidence about managing your pain
- Setting proper goals to keep you active
Common types of joint injuries
Essentially, your body is prone to muscle strains. The most common ones affect the lower body in the quadriceps, calf and groin muscles, and hamstrings. In the upper area, the shoulder’s rotator cuff muscles and biceps are at a greater risk of muscle strain injuries. The common types of joint injuries include;
- Traumatic (dislocations, fractures, sprains, and ligament sprains)
- Overuse (muscle strain, muscle tendonitis)
Keep in mind that if muscle injuries are left unattended, they potentially could worsen, causing additional pain and discomfort, which can take a longer recovery time. At Gen Physio, we are always available and ready to assess and treat your injury before it deteriorates.
How can a Physiotherapist help?
During your first visit, our physiotherapist will ask you a number of questions to understand when and how your injury occurred. They will then examine the injured muscle to determine the extent of damage before creating a treatment plan. Afterwards, the healing process begins. Your physiotherapist chooses the proper treatment, based on your specific injury, from various treatment options. The different approaches of treating muscle strain include:
- Self-stretching – Exercises are an essential part of the treatment process. Physiotherapists assist you with stretches that are likely to be helpful for your injury. Notably, guided self-stretching exercises can help flex the muscles, enhancing your flexibility and mobility.
- Therapeutic modalities – This uses electrotherapeutic equipment like interferential current and ultrasound to assist in pain management and healing.
Let a qualified Physiotherapist help with your muscle pain today
The benefits of physiotherapy in fighting physical pain cannot be emphasised enough. At Gen Physio, we have top-rated physiotherapists who are ready to walk with you every step to ensure you stay healthy and your muscles remain in brilliant shape. We also offer mobile physiotherapy sessions. Please contact us online or give us a call at 1300-122-884 to schedule a consultation with our health experts.